One common theme on our podcast is that mindfulness is extremely important when it comes to preparing for a chess game.
With this in mind, we would like to share with you that Carrie Cohen, LCSW is starting a DBT Group.
Group participants must be between the ages of 17-22.
Skills taught and practiced will include:
- Understanding biopsychosocial theory and invalidating environments
- Minimizing black or white thinking
- Seeing the perspective of others
- Radical acceptance
- Distress tolerance
- Identifying triggers that lead to emotional dysregulation
- Closely examining one’s role in interpersonal relationships
- The role media plays in our lives
- Learning and using distress tolerance skills
Groups will take place remotely on Zoom 1-2x per week for 45 minute for 6 sessions.
Date and time TBA.
For questions/inquiries please contact: Carrie Cohen, LCSW at firstname.lastname@example.org