In the words of Kurt Vonnnegut, “So it goes”: I have officially stopped my almost 3 month hiatus from the blogosphere. I have been extremely busy although that is no valid excuse. On June 6th, I returned from Tel Aviv, where, as many of you know, I lived for 5 months while studying at Tel Aviv University. Then, after spending 6 days in NY, I twas in LA from June 12-17. It was nice visiting Cali for the first time and hanging out with some Taglit-Birthright friends whom I haven’t seen since the trip…I can’t believe its been almost three years since the trip. After LA though, I have been spending this week in Pottstown, PA. Old readers may remember exactly a year ago while I was here after spending a weekend in Allentown and excited about getting into the Brandeis business major. Yup, not much exciting going on here. … I am looking foward to Arlington, VA next week followed by the World Open in Philly…. I get some time off, and what I do?:::: TRAVEL MORE. I’M AN ADDICT I KNOW.
Tel Aviv was truely an amazing experience, which I will blog more about in the future. For now, here’s a list of important points:
1) It was awesome living half way across the world from home, taking a break from my “:regular” college life in the ‘great’ land of Waltham
2) It was nice actually seeing places in Israel for more than a few hours at a time as I did on Taglit.
3) I enjoyed becoming better friends with some of the ex-soldiers who were on my Taglit trip.
4) I met some awesome internationals ( mostly Americans though) who were on OSP.
Anyway enough ranting for 1 post…. Heres one game I played the same day I arrived to NY…. Yes, I was insane to arrive in NY from Tel Aviv at 6 AM NY time and that night head out to White Plains to play a tournament.. Fotunatelly things went my way actually bumping my rating back over 2200 as I tied for first in the Quad with the usual nemesis Leif Pressman. Without further adue, I show you my first round madness with the great Michael Amori:
[Site “White Plains YMCA”]
[White “NM Evan Rabin”]
[Black “Michael Amori”]
%Created by Caissa’s Web PGN Editor
1. e4 d6 2. d4 e5 3. f4 exd4 4. Qxd4 Nc6 5. Bb5 Bd7 6. Qf2 Nf6 7. Nc3 Be7 8.
Nf3 O-O 9. O-O a6 10. Bd3 Nb4 11. h3 Nxd3 12. cxd3 b5 13. g4 b4 14. Ne2 c5
15. f5 c4 16. g5 cxd3 17. Ng3 Nxe4 18. Nxe4 Bxf5 19. Qh4 d5 20. Ng3 Bg6 21.
Qg4 Rc8 22. Be3 f5 23. gxf6 Bxf6 24. Bd4 Rc2 25. Bxf6 Qxf6 26. Nd4 Qb6 27.
Rxf8+ Kxf8 28. Rf1+ Kg8 29. Qf4 h6 30. Rf2 Qc5 31. Kh2 Rxf2+ 32. Qxf2 1-0
Check back for more of Rabin’s adventures soon!